Start teaching smart money habits early
MMFCU wants members of all ages to understand how to manage money. What better way for a child to learn than to have their own account?
GenerationNow accounts are designed to grow as your children grow, encouraging them to save money and learn how to make good financial decisions now and in the future. It’s never too early to learn good savings habits!
Youth Savings (Ages 0-24)
- First $1,000 save at a higher rate of 0.25% APY*
- No monthly fees or minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited ATM fee refunds
- Access to Zogo🍍 app, get paid to learn
- Eligible for Student Loans
There are two ways to open a GenerationNow account:
- If your child currently has a primary savings account and would like to transition to a GenerationNow account, fill out the opt-in form and email it to [email protected].
- If your child is opening up a brand new account, complete our Membership Application and mail it in with a copy of the child’s social security card and/or birth certificate.
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. $5 minimum deposit to open. $25 minimum deposit to earn stated dividend rate/yield for savings. $100 minimum deposit to open, $2,000 to earn stated dividend rate/yield for Money Market. Rates are subject to change at any time and may change after account opening. Offer rate may be withdrawn at any time. Fees or penalties (if any) could reduce earnings.